PE Grant Funding
PE and Sport Premium is a Government funded initiative that provides substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and sees money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of, and participation in, sport and PE for all their children.
The allocation for St. Josephs RC Primary School for the academic year 2018/19 was £17, 204.
The funding given enables school to:
• Hire specialised and qualified sports coaches to work with school in delivering quality PE sessions
• Increased participation in competitive sport – running sports competitions or increasing pupils’ participation in school games
• Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional clubs
• The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
• Offering a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils (within curricular time as well as providing places for pupils in after school sports clubs)
The school is achieving the above aims as more children are participating in sporting activities both in and out of school and out of the children conferenced most looked forward to their PE sessions and felt they had improved their skill set.
The improvement will be sustained by continuing to use the qualified sports instructors to deliver high quality P.E. sessions throughout all year groups.
The Governors have targeted this years PE Grant to:
Continue to extend opportunities for pupils to participate in high quality sporting activities.
These sessions will be led by qualified Sports instructors. There will be time each week for staff to work alongside them during the delivery of high quality P.E. sessions to support their own skills in teaching P.E. and active living.
New School Sports Kits
New sports equipment